Who We Are
The Novi Parks Foundation is governed by a volunteer Board of Directors. Those who serve on the Board give unselfishly of their time, talent and financial resources. Making an annual financial contribution is only part of their obligation. Serving on committees and recruiting others as volunteers, board members and donors has become routine. Providing professional assistance in the areas of legal, engineering, development, construction and financial planning is often offered to the organization as in-kind contributions. Volunteers from a variety of backgrounds and expertise provide additional support.
Why Support Novi Parks Foundation?
Novi Parks, Recreation and Cultural Services, a tax-funded city organization, cannot build and maintain a world-class parks system on its own. Private support is essential. Every dollar counts. Together, we will enrich the lives of our youth, strengthen our families, build our communities and empower our city. Together, we are building parks for life.
The value of your generous gift will leave a lasting legacy that will benefit your own life and the lives of others for generations. Cash gifts to the Foundation for individual parks and programs can include bequests by will, charitable gift annuity and more opportunities.
The Novi Parks Foundation raises money for the purpose of supporting park enhancements, recreational opportunities and scholarship programs for local children. We hope to raise funds to provide support and assistance to Novi Parks, Recreation, and Cultural Services as they work to maintain quality parks and provide high quality cultural and recreational programs. The Foundation previously hosted an annual golf outing for nearly a decade before launching the Pour on the Shore beer and wine tasting in 2015.
Since its inception in 2004, the Foundation has provided:
- $150,000 for the newly remodeled Tim Pope Playground
- $118,000-contribution to Phase 1A of the ITC Corridor Pathway (2015)(Naming Rights)
- $70,000 Villa Barr Art Park donation for artist-in-residency house renovations and support of parking, pathways and signage project.
- $51,800 in support of public art projects
- $50,000 in contributions to Pavilion Shore Park development
- $45,000 for Fuerst Park Gardens
- $30,000 for the design of playground at Power Park
- $14,650 for Parks & Recreation Needs Assessment Survey
- More than $13,500 in youth recreation scholarships
- More than $9,000 in soccer field improvements and lacrosse equipment purchases
- $4,000 to the Artist in Residence program at Villa Barr
- $3,400 to support the construction of the Gazebo at Meadowbrook Commons
- $3,000 for Fate of Empires install at Pavilion Shore Park
Are you passionate about public spaces, recreational & cultural opportunities and the Novi community? Well so are we! The Novi Parks Foundation supports the City of Novi Parks, Recreation and Cultural Services Department through fundraising and advocacy. Thanks to our many community partners and supporters, the Parks Foundation has provided matching grant funds for city park projects, provided scholarships to youth and funded various park enhancements over the years. There are many ways to be involved and to support our efforts to make Novi an even better place to live, work and play...
- Naming Rights and memorial tributes
- Volunteer opportunities-- Board of Directors or event staff. We are always ready to accept your gift of time and expertise
- Donations, legacy gifting, or scholarship funding.
- Special event sponsorships and in kind donations
Novi is fortunate to have so many diverse recreation opportunities and public spaces available for all ages, all activity levels, interests and abilities. It is our value and belief that park, recreation and cultural experiences connect people in meaningful ways--connections to nature.. to others... to ourselves and our community. Leisure time is serious business and we want Novi to continue to provide its residents with exceptional leisure time opportunities! Contact us to learn more about how you can support and be a part of the Novi Parks Foundation!